Content Update 1 Released
Prague, March 11th, 2020
After a very successful launch last December, Namalsk is set to receive a first major update on March 11th, 2021. This highly anticipated update expands on the Namalsk story line, introducing new area and new mysteries to uncover. It also brings number of improvements and balancing to the survival gameplay.
I can hardly believe that it has been over 3 months now since the release of Namalsk. I would like to thank everyone once again for all the support. I am amazed by the amount of content that has been created around Namalsk and how popular has Namalsk become. Its amazing to see Namalsk still dominating the first two places of most popular mods on DayZ Steam Workshop and those streams thumbnails on the Twitch DayZ home page (almost every time I look there).
To spice your Namalsk adventures a bit more, I am bringing you the Content Update 1. Highlight of this update is undoubtedly the continuation of the Namalsk story line, primarily supported by the introduction of a new underground area (Namalsk lore experts probably know which one). This addition is supported by an amazing work from InclementDab, who worked tirelessly on pushing the gameplay experience to a whole new level.
If you are wondering what kind of underground is this, where is it and how to get there – this article wont help you with that. Just like with the original Namalsk release, I want you to have the option to experience everything first hand, figuring out things in the game and have hands on experience instead of watching an extended gameplay trailer or reading about it in a blog post.
Besides the main topic, this update brings number of other improvements and balancing. These for example include:
- Event system changes and fixes – Ability to have more events running at the same time (by default 2) and lot of balancing when it comes to event lengths and so on. There is also a new type of event called Heavy fog available (medium overcast, but heavy fog). Fixes include for example fix of temperature “bonus” not applied to the base environment temperature, meaning Blizzards and Extreme Cold events were not giving any temperature penalty (prepare to freeze).
- Changes coming to the unfreezing food and eating warm food. Gas stove can now be used to unfreeze frozen water/food, fireplaces can now warm up (and dry) cans of food, hot food or water has a steam around, eating hot food or drinking hot water gives you damage and bonus to heat buffer from eating warm food / drinking warm water has been reduced.
- Road flares can now be burnt inside a fireplace to prevent people from leaving too many of these laying around. This change will also be included in vanilla 1.12 update.
- Swimming in cold waters gets more dangerous as heat buffer is no longer used for this particular case and in addition to that, it starts decaying immediately on water contact (safe timer is skipped).
- Major changes coming to the weapon and magazine distribution on the map. Magazines are now tiered and weapons were distributed across all 5 tiers (yes, there is a new Tier 5, guess where it is.. 🙂 ).
- And a lot of bugfixes of course. Remember the nose clipping through APSI? Yeah, me too. Too bad its gone.
A full change log (its a big one this time) can be found on the update pages of Namalsk Steam Workshop items or on the official Namalsk discord. You can get links for those over at for players section. If you are server owner, GitHub and other relevant sources were updated too.
As usual, if you have any questions (or just wanna hang with other people hunting for the mysteries of Namalsk), you are more than welcome over at the official Namalsk discord.
Please keep in mind that all of what you see has been done in my own free time and if you enjoy what I do, please consider supporting me in my future endeavours by donating either through a button at the bottom of this website or following link. Thank you, your support is greatly appreciated.
Enjoy and see you in the frozen wasteland!